We are the absolute leader in educational information for the purveyors of frozen desserts and beverages. Our goal at D “Cool” U is to help facilitate your success in this industry by sharing our experience, knowledge, and expertise with you. We welcome questions and inquiries concerning our product line, your business, or the industry in general. Anyone is welcome to participate.
~ Walter Barker, Dean of Instruction, and President and CEO of Desert “Cool” Foods, Inc.
Our Experience, Knowledge, and Expertise
Some years ago, I was an Associate Professor of Psychology at Park University. After leaving academia, I entered the world of business. Accordingly, I am taking the liberty of appointing myself Dean of Instruction at D “Cool” U. As President and CEO of Desert “Cool” Foods, Inc. and Dean of Instruction at D “Cool” U, I will be intimately involved in the oversight of D “Cool” U. I have stated for many years that we are the number one choice in the frozen dessert and beverage industry. Keep reading – you will clearly understand why we are also the number one choice as a resource for your business!
- I have specialized in this industry for 35 years!
- I owned a yogurt shop.
- I built, from ground up, a multi-state distribution business. I successfully sold Desert Desserts, Inc. in 1991.
- I owned a food service brokerage business, Barker-Brown. We represented lines like Dannon® Frozen Yogurt, Breyers® Ice Cream, Dole® Soft Serve, Tofutii®.
- I worked as a Vice President of Sales & Marketing in the corporate world.
- I worked in e-commerce and have met with many of the Fortune 500 CEOs and CFOs.
- Desert “Cool” Foods, Inc. has been growing and expanding our presence here in the United States and has a global presence as a go-to company for innovation and joint ventures that create lasting partnerships.
- Our formulation and licensing programs are another example of our innovation and creativity to meet the needs of entrepreneurs and expanding companies.
- I have worked closely with many soft serve equipment companies over the years – Carpigiani, Electro Freeze, Stoeling, Sani Serv and Taylor.
- I have started up and overseen manufacturing facilities with our product line.
We now have four generations of family participating in our business. We are truly a family business on all levels. We are also truly an e-business – and green at that…our corporate headquarters is a paperless operation.
Desert “Cool” Foods, Inc. is a progressive innovator in every aspect of our business. We have an intellectual inclination to outperform our competition in our business practices, our speed and agility, day-to day-service levels and business culture.